If you live in Cleveland or the larger Great Lakes region, you’ve probably noticed the change in temperature throughout February. One week it’s 60 degrees and sunny, the next it’s a blizzard outside with a slight chance of getting blown away. Unfortunately, this isn’t unusual for February…heck, this isn’t unusual for Ohio! It’s just good old-fashioned winter. But lucky for you, we’re going to share our favorite liquors that can easily be given the chocolate treatment. What better way to combat this indecisive February weather than combining these two delightful ingredients?
Chocolate Mixed Drinks to Keep You Warm This Winter
If you can’t escape winter’s most biting cold temperature, we have a few easy chocolate mixed drinks to keep you warm this February. Most of these chocolate mixed drinks call for chocolate syrup, so make sure to stock up on this! We also recommend adding a touch of elegance to these crafted cocktails with some signature Malley’s treats. We have included some of our fan-favorites in the recipes below. You’re welcome 😉
Smore’s Hot Chocolate
Recipe Source: SugarandSoul.co
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 graham cracker, crushed
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp simple syrup
- ¼ cup chocolate syrup
- ¼ cup chocolate pudding mix powder
- 2 oz. whiskey
- Top with Milk Chocolate Nutmallow
- Add milk and heavy cream to a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, add chocolate chips to a small microwave-safe bowl and microwave on 30-second intervals until melted, stirring between each one. Dip the rim of your mugs in the chocolate and then dip them in the crushed graham cracker and set aside.
- Add remaining melted chocolate to milk and cream along with the honey, simple syrup, and chocolate syrup and whisk together. Whisk in the pudding mix little by little until fully combined. Bring mixture to a low simmer and remove from heat.
- Whisk in the whiskey and pour into prepared mugs. Top with Malley’s Milk Chocolate Nutmallow.
Kahlua Hot Chocolate
Recipe Source: DamnDelicious.net
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp Dutch-processed unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 oz Kahlua coffee liqueur
- Mini marshmallows, for serving
- Salted caramel, for serving
- Chocolate syrup, for serving
- In a medium saucepan, combine milk, sugar, cocoa powder, cinnamon and nutmeg over medium heat until heated through, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in Kahlua.
- Serve immediately, garnished with mini marshmallows, salted caramel and chocolate syrup, if desired.
Bourbon-Spiked White Hot Chocolate
Recipe Source: MinimalistBaker.com
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 2.5 cups milk (I used 2%)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 oz Kahlua or 1/2 oz Bourbon
- Whipped cream, Malley’s Bordeaux Chocolates and caramel for topping
- In a saucepan over low-medium heat, melt the chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of the milk, whisking often (about 3 minutes).
- Once melted, add the rest of the milk, the pumpkin and the pumpkin pie spice and stir vigorously to incorporate.
- Pour a small amount of the hot chocolate into two serving glasses, add one ounce of Kahlua OR one-half ounce of bourbon (bourbon is much stronger in taste). Top off with hot chocolate and stir. Top with whipped cream, a piece of Malley’s Bordeaux Chocolates and then drizzle caramel sauce and more pumpkin pie spice (optional).
Drinking Chocolate: Chilled to Perfection
Don’t worry, we didn’t forget to provide a list of chilled cocktails for the random moments Ohio decides to be 60 and sunny in February. Plus, have no fear, Spring is near! These three chocolate mixed drinks will be perfect for dessert and social entertaining on a nice sunny day! Also, if you desire some crunch with your milky treats below, you won’t want to pass up Malley’s Oh’s! (This rhyme was not intended).
Chocolate White Russian
Recipe Source: BasilandBubbly.com
- 2 oz Vodka
- 1 oz Kahlua
- 2 oz Heavy Cream
- ½ oz Chocolate Syrup
- Fill a glass with ice.
- Drizzle Chocolate Syrup over the ice.
- Add vodka, Kahlua, and cream, and stir. Serve with a piece of Malley’s Break Up Chocolate.
The Perfect Chocolate Mudslide
Recipe Source: Yummly.co
- 3/4 cups vanilla ice cream
- 2 oz heavy cream
- 1 1/2 oz kahlua
- 1 oz Bailey’s Irish cream
- 1 oz vodka
- chocolate syrup
- whipped cream (optional)
- cocktail cherries (optional)
- P.S. How good would these Milk Chocolate Pretzel Babies be paired with this drink?
- Drizzle chocolate syrup in a cocktail glass.
- Combine the ice cream, heavy cream, kahlua, Bailey’s and vodka in a blender until smooth.
- Pour into the prepared cocktail glass and garnish with homemade whipped cream and a maraschino cherry (optional).
Milky Way Martini
Recipe Source: Allrecipes.com
- 2 oz vanilla vodka
- 2 oz chocolate liqueur
- 1 oz Bailey’s Irish cream
- 1 tbsp chocolate syrup
- Chill a martini glass by filling it with 1/2 cup of ice and cold water.
- Place 1 cup of ice cubes into a cocktail shaker. Pour the vanilla-flavored vodka, chocolate liqueur, and Bailey’s Irish cream over the ice; cover and shake vigorously.
- Dump the ice and water from the martini glass and drizzle the inside of the glass with chocolate syrup. Strain the cocktail into the glass to serve.
Calling All Choco-holics
Now that you’ve collected a few chocolate drink recipes, you’ll be able to create the perfect concoctions for dealing with Ohio’s bipolar weather. Old man winter doesn’t stand a chance. So, the next time you need to satiate a chocolatey craving, why not try one of these creative mixed drinks? Better yet, pair one with your favorite Malley’s treats for some chocolate-on-chocolate action! Visit a location near you today.